Monday 1 December 2014

The Christmas Tag 2014



Welcome to December
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. To really get into the spirit, I thought I would try this tag written by The Enthusiast and I would like to tag Heather from The Encyclopedia of Her.

If you do this tag, tag me on Instagram using @shaydoesthething.

 What is your favourite Christmas film?
My favorite film to watch to get into the Christmas spirit is Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I think it is because the Grinch, played by Jim Carrey is me. Especially when he is trying  to find an outfit and ultimately just decides he’s not going.

Ever had a White Christmas?
I have actually never had a white Christmas. Australia is in summer around Christmas time so it is usually extremely hot.

Favourite Christmas Song?
To be honest with you, I absolutely loathe Christmas jingles. However, if I have to choose one, it would be ‘All I want for Christmas’ by Olivia Olson from Love Actually. Her voice is amazeballs that song is amazballs and I am in love.

Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Never. That is an abomination.

Name all of Santa’s reindeer.
Dasher, and Prancer and Comet and Blixen… la la la … Rudolph. Boo yah.

 Favorite traditions?
My family has a lot of traditions. For one, we always use an angel on the tree, NEVER a Christmas star. My favorite of these traditions is the cooking. My dad and I always cook the Christmas Lunch/Dinner, and weeks of preparation go into it. We cook enough to feed a small country and then I always bring my Christmas pudding, which I make from my own secret recipe. Food and Christmas (mostly food) has a special place in my heart.

Christmas tree real or fake?
I have never had a real Christmas tree. Reasons? Well, for one, they shed and I am not about that cleaning/tidying life. Secondly, its summer, in Australia. Call me ignorant but can you even buy a real Christmas tree in Summertime Australia?

Favorite Christmas food.?
WHY MAKE ME CHOOSE? Ok, pudding, ham, asparagus covered in pancetta, all breakfast foods and freshly baked rolls.
I’m now drooling all over the place!

Giving or receiving?
Well I’m not going to lie to you. While giving always is good, I love receiving. Actually, giving gives me a panic attack and I can never watch anyone unwrap a present I’ve given them. I know, I’m a bucketful of crazy.

 Best Christmas gift
I can’t really separate ultimate Christmas present. When I was seven, Santa got me a karaoke machine, I got Diablo Three when I was twelve and last year I got a MAC. I still think the Karaoke machine was the best.

 Dream place to visit on Christmas.
Anywhere my family is. Why would I want to spend it anywhere but with them?

Are you a pro-present wrapper?
I would love to think I am, but wrapping is a competition in my family. And if comparing my wrapping to my fathers, I am anything but.

 Most Memorable holiday moment.
I spent my Christmas in 2006 in Thailand. The food, the vibes, the music and … the food. Spending Christmas in another culture is amazing, something I want to do again and you should try.
  
 What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I think I was in year 3 when I looked it up on the internet. However, I continued to pretend I believed because My mother told me if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get presents.

What makes this holiday special for you?

The food and my family. Christmas would not be as special without those two things.

No comments:

Post a Comment